The following list of Best Practices are slated to be worked on in 2022, and will be posted once finalized.
- Augmenting / Expanding Commitments
- Controlled Digital Lending
- Community and Trust Building
- Starting a Shared Print Program
- Succession Planning (currently in process)
The Best Practices Working Group is also hosting a group drafting a new document “Shared Print Actions: Terminology for MARC 21 Field 583”, which they are aligning with the Preservation community and will work with OCLC working with OCLC on the Detailed Metadata Guidelines for Shared Print.
The Best Practices group also launched a new assessment tools, similar to the STARS ILL Checklist, to provide shared print program (SPP) governing bodies with an opportunity to review and reflect on their program’s policies and procedures.